Fit to Write - Physical Development for Settings
Tuesday 27th February 2024 - 9.30am to 3.30pm - Venue tbc - Winchester area
This course explores the physicality of writing. Through training input and tasks, we will explore how physical play supports children on their journey to becoming confident learners and writers. We will reflect on how provision effectively develops the necessary systems within the body required for mark making and consider how children can be supported to develop a dextrous hand, ensuring they are fit to write!
This training will consider:
- How movement builds brains, exploring the link between brain development, physical skills, and learning.
- The importance of the body’s gross motor systems and how to develop these in practice
- The importance of fine motor dexterity and hand development and how to support development of these skills in practice.
- Barriers and lifestyle challenges linked to children’s physical development and how these can be overcome
- The complexity of learning to write and how to support children with important skills like handwriting, letter formation, pencil grip and stamina for writing
- Practical ideas for developing an effective learning environment which supports children in being fit to write
NOTE FOR HAMPSHIRE SCHOOLS – please be aware that Hampshire schools must pay for training using IBC Internal Trading, so are unable to use this Shop.
Hampshire schools should submit this online booking request to book a place, remembering to include the contact name and SAP user-id of the finance/business officer.
This will allow SfYC to raise an Internal Supplier Request for the school to complete and make payment.
(Academies and independent schools are able to use payment cards)
NON-HAMPSHIRE, OUT OF COUNTY SCHOOLS AND SETTINGS – All schools, settings and other organisations outside of Hampshire will be charged a 15% surcharge on top of the standard cost. If a member of the SfYC team needs to travel outside of the county to deliver training, expenses/mileage may be charged from the Hampshire border. Price on application.