Thursday 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd March 2023
10.00am to 12.30pm
Join local artist and educator Rachel Davis for a gentle introduction into painting a vibrant beachscape. We will explore colour and surface texture possibilities before painting our own acrylic scenes of the beautiful Majorcan coastline.
- Describe how our colour choices affect atmosphere and mood within a scene
- Identify ways of adding surface texture using a variety of different texture mediums
- Use a variety of different mark making tools to add areas of surface texture
- Apply the principles of complementary colour theory to striking visual effect
- Create a vibrant acrylic paint sketch series culminating in a final piece
- Demonstrate the ability to pull together colour theory, tonal value principles, a wider understanding of mark making and its impact on our paintings
Who is this course for: Suitable for beginners, learners wishing to explore acrylic as a medium and anyone wishing to develop their creative skills set especially beachscape
Previous knowledge or experience: None necessary
How will I learn: We will be learning at a steady pace with lots of room for exploration and hands on learning. Additional tasks can be made available for those wishing to further explore techniques at home
How will I be assessed: We will review progress weekly against each individual learners’ specific learning objectives with peer to peer feedback and discussion welcomed
What shall I bring: Please bring an apron or wear old clothes. Please bring a basic set of acrylic paints (Systems 3 are a satisfactory entry level grade), and a basic brush pack. All other items will be supplied by the tutor
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com