Beginners Computing for All (ESOL)
Tuesday 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th January, 6th, 20th, 27th February, 5th, 12th and 19th March 2024
10.00am to 12.00pm
To introduce Learners who have English as a second language to the Basics of Computers, Internet & Email to enable improved job searching and work prospects.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills, including switching the computer on and off, use of a mouse and describing safety features when working online
- Select and describe the function of the main keys on the keyboard
- Describe and demonstrate the key features of Word, Windows, email, and internet access
- Demonstrate the use of correct English terminology to show evidence of basic computing knowledge
- Select a book, summarise text and formulate questions in MS word demonstrating English reading and writing
- Access an online shopping site, create a list with prices and the total cost demonstrating Maths skills
Who is this course for: This course is aimed at those whose English is a second language and are looking to find work or improve their job prospects by gaining basic computer and email knowledge
Previous knowledge or experience: None required, but a willingness to learn
How will I learn: By discussion, demonstration, and practical tasks
How will I be assessed: By completion of tasks and Q&A
What shall I bring: Notepad and pen or pencil
Next steps: Computers for Beginners – ESOL Term 3 or join Community Connections at Aldershot Library
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com