Beginners Computing for All
Tuesday 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th April and 2nd May 2023
10.00am to 12.30pm
This is a short course on how to use a computer from getting going to searching the internet and sending emails. We will cover all the basics for beginners and help build your confidence to use computers in everyday life.
- Identify the different parts of a computer
- Demonstrate, using the mouse, how to switch the computer on and shut it down safely
- Demonstrate how to open and use Microsoft Word
- Create a document demonstrating 3 different types of formatting
- Identify a browser and search engine and demonstrate opening 3 websites
- Describe how to keep safe and secure on the internet
- Demonstrate how to create and reply to emails
Who is this course for: Anyone who would like to learn the basics of using a computer.
Previous knowledge or experience: None required, but a willingness to learn.
How will I learn: By discussion, demonstration, and practical tasks and practising outside of the lesson (free public computers are available at your local library).
How will I be assessed: By tutor observation, responding to questions and answers and completing tasks.
What shall I bring: Please bring a notebook and pen.
Next steps: Next Steps with Internet and Email
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org