Discover Art – Discover Your Creativity
Thursday 23rd February, 2nd, 9th, 16th and 23rd March 2023
2.00pm to 4.00pm
A walk through an experience with art focusing on using different media, understanding the materials and techniques used and learning the language around art.
- Use different materials; Describe/demonstrate different techniques and their possibilities
- Understand how lines, textures, colors and tones can affect dramatically the meaning of a drawing
- Apply the laws of composition and space
- Identify the value of using mathematics in all elements of your artwork from compositional divisions, geometry in defining shapes and ratios in colour mixing
- Analyse, synthesise, and represent elements objectively and subjectively
- Use language used in art, from materials to technical processes to application
- Acquire general knowledge about past and contemporary artists and artistic movements
- Push your creativity and invention
Who is this course for: Whether its technical terms or just the mystique around the meaning or explanation used to describe the process of creating art, this course will fill in any knowledge gaps. From the new artist to those with more experience, the opportunity to push the materials used, experiment in a friendly noncritical group and walk away with a better understanding of how to create and develop your art.
Previous Knowledge or Experience: none required
How will I learn: observation and demonstration.
How will I be assessed: observation and work product.
What shall I bring: all materials provided, please bring something (i.e., an apron) to cover clothes, art goes hand in hand with mess!
Next Steps: further art courses or a potential exhibition! You may wish to explore formal art education at college
This course is aimed at Hampshire residents aged 19+. Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
The data provided on this form will be used for meeting your learner needs and is required by our funders. Data will be shared with Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for this purpose.
The Department for Education (DfE) is the data controller for personal data processed by the ESFA. Your personal information is used by the DfE to exercise its functions and to meet its statutory responsibilities, including under the Apprenticeships, Skills, Children and Learning Act 2009 and to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN) and a personal learning record (PLR). Your information will be held for 7 years as it is linked to a funding application. You have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. Please see our website Data Protection page for further details: www.hants.gov.uk/dataprotection or https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/esfa-privacy-notice
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org