Dynamic Drawing Workshop
Monday 27th March 2023
10.00am to 1.30pm
Come and experiment with this expressive and creative drawing workshop.
- Create at least one artwork using expressive marks
- Create different effects using different techniques
- Undertake at least 4 creative drawing activities
About the course: We’ll be exploring different ways of creating marks through drawing and then you’ll choose your favourite technique to work on a longer drawing. Ideal for those looking to work more loosely or build skills and confidence. You will be using the images/photos you bring as a starting point for your work during the workshop
Who is this course for: Individuals looking to develop their drawing skills
Previous knowledge or experience: No previous experience required
How will I learn: Through a range of activities, demonstrations and practice
How will I be assessed: Through completing activities and through class discussion
What shall I bring:
- A range of drawing pencils (2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B)
- A range of colour pencils
- Colour pens (I.e. biros, gel pens or fine liners. Please note felt tips are not suitable for this workshop)
- A4 cartridge/drawing paper for activity work
- A3 or A4 heavier weight cartridge paper for your longer drawing
- Putty Rubber
- Pencil sharpener
- If possible, a drawing board or something to lean on (up to A3)
- At least 3 photos or images that you would like to use as a starting point for your work
Next steps: Different drawing and painting courses e.g. Getting Started with Pen and Wash
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com