Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Friday 22nd March 2024
9.30am to 4.45pm
Free (there is an optional £25.00 charge for qualification, payable direct to the tutor on the day)
This is a course aimed at people with little or no first aid knowledge regarding children and babies. It is a practical Paediatric first aid program that will give the learner skills to be able to respond to everyday first aid emergencies, in the home and in the community.
The course is set over one day of 7.15 hours. This is an instructor led, interactive and engaging session, and if desired it can be certificated as Level 3 Emergency Paediatric First Aid Qualification, for which a fee of £25 applies. A Level 3 First Aid Qualification is designed for those who have an interest in child and baby Basic Life Support, governed by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) or OFSTED. This course covers life-threatening conditions including CPR, bleeding control and choking.
- Describe how to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for an unconscious infant or child
- List five priorities when recording information on an accident report book
- Demonstrate how to recognise and treat a child or infant having a seizure
- Describe the recognition of cardiac arrest
- Demonstrate delivery of Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Demonstrate how to safely use a defibrillator
- Describe how to recognise/safely treat a child or infant who is choking
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for a child/infant who is bleeding/ including
- shock, including how to care for nose bleeds
- Demonstrate the treatment and priorities of care for minor injuries, cuts, grazes, splinters
- List five items that should be in a first aid kit
Who is this course for: Anyone who would like to learn about emergency care procedures for infants and children. Unfortunately, we are unable to allow children to attend
Previous knowledge or experience: This practical based course is suitable for both complete novices as well as those wishing to refresh their skills. Everyone is very welcome
How will I learn: Through tutor demonstrations, individual and whole group practical activities
How will I be assessed: If desired, successful candidates will be awarded a level 3 qualification in Emergency Paediatric First Aid, valid for 3 years and certificated by Nuco Ltd (cost implication) with a practical assessment during the training. An advanced two day Paediatric First Aid Course
Next steps: An advanced two day Paediatric First Aid Course
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com