Gentle Fitness Class
Thursday 11th, 18th, 25th January, 1st and 8th February 2024
1.30pm to 2.30pm
To help develop strength, balance, and fitness using exercises to music. This will be using seated and standing exercises.
- Demonstrate increased balance, flexibility and coordination through using seated and standing exercises and stretches
- Perform upper and lower body exercises using weights, bands and balls. These exercises will again be seated and standing
- Demonstrate balance and core stability whilst performing balance exercises whilst being assisted by a wall or a chair
- Describe the benefits of exercise to your overall health and well being
- Perform gentle exercises in a safe and supportive environment in a friendly and sociable atmosphere
About the Course: This session will be fun and relaxed to singalong tunes that everybody will know. The class will start with a warm up, followed by standing low impact stretch and tone routine that can be performed seated if necessary. Seated exercises for strength and mobility will form the focus for the second half of the class. A balance exercise routine using a chair or wall for support to prevent falling and aid stability will be explored each week. A Pilates type cool down and stretch to improve range of movement will conclude the class. This session is suitable for both males and females and is designed to improve your co-ordination, strength, flexibility, balance and aerobic health, whilst being able to connect with others
Who is this course for: Exercise helps promote physical health and emotional well-being. It also helps you sleep better and boosts your overall mood. This course is open to all over the age of 60 years of age and anyone younger with a health condition where lower impact movement to music may be more suitable. This is an adult learning physical activity class, learners need to ensure they are able to take part in the activities unaided
Previous Knowledge or Experience: No previous experience required
How will I learn: By learning toning, stretching, and low impact routines using standing and seated exercises to improve strength, mobility, balance, flexibility, co-ordination and general fitness
How will I be assessed: You will be assessed by tutor observation and feedback on performance of exercises. We will evaluate your progress alongside the course and individual goals. There is no formal assessment
What shall I bring: Comfortable clothing and footwear to move in and a drink
Next steps: Further fitness and exercise classes like Seated Exercise
If a learner decides to withdraw from a course before a course begins, the following charges should be made:
- 5 working days or more before course starts a full refund will be issued
- No refunds will normally be made if a learner withdraws from a course less than 4 working days before the start of the course
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org