Getting More from Acrylics
Gosport Discovery Centre
Friday 7th, 14th, 21st and 28th October 2022
10.00am to 1.00pm
To enable learners to gain confidence and skill in returning to painting with acrylics.
- Create two paintings of your own choice
- Complete 3 preparation activities to help you with your painting
- Use a limited palette of paints to create different colours
- Create a monotone sketch
Approachable sessions and activities to help you develop confidence and skills in painting with acrylics. Ideal for those wanting to build on current or previous skills in acrylics. Please see below for what to bring to the first session.
Previous Knowledge or Experience: A basic understanding of how to use acrylic paint gives you the best opportunity to progress your skills during this course.
How will I learn: Through a range of activities, demonstrations and practice
How will I be assessed: Through completing activities and through class discussion
What shall I bring:
- Acrylic paints: we use a small range of colours in class so the following colours will be the most helpful - ultramarine blue, cadmium red, cadmium yellow, white
- A range of brushes (including flat, round, filbert)
- Watercolour paper for activities and preparation (220gsm upwards)
- A canvas or canvas board for your main piece (approximately A4 size)
- You may wish to bring a drawing board or something to lean on (up to A3)
- Old cloth/flannel or kitchen roll
- Water pot
- An apron or wear clothes that you don’t mind getting paint on (acrylic paint can be difficult to remove)
- Please bring 2 images for you to work from during the course.
Next Steps: Different drawing and painting courses; Getting started with Pen and Wash
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com