Hampshire DofE - Advanced Rangers Academy
Monday 29th July to Friday 2nd August 2024
The Advanced Ranger Academy Course is designed for not only students wanting to complete the residential section of your DofE Gold Award, but also students who are interested in a career path within the animal industry and are looking to get veterinary work experience. The course content provides students with exclusive opportunities of real life hands-on, practical experiences, including working with the Yorkshire Wildlife Park (YWP) veterinary surgeon and behind the scenes access. The department has won British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) education awards for the Ranger Academy course. Students will also get the chance to work with the YWP staff team across all animal sections.
Closing date for booking is 8th July 2024.
Yorkshire Wildlife Park
Staying at local bunkhouse accommodation
- Accommodation and all meals.
- Transport from and to Winchester (if required).
- All transfers to and from the zoo.
- 2 free tickets for friends/family worth £51! This is to watch the graduation ceremony on Friday, but this includes the opportunity to stay and spend the rest of the day at the zoo for free!
- This 5-day residential combines theory-based tasks with practical zoo experience, with a focus on key transferable skills.
- A portfolio of evidence and written reference from the zoo stating your hours of work experience for animal/vet related applications.
- Practical experiences with the YWP staff team across all animal sections.
- Getting up close and personal with a range of animals.
- Behind-the-scenes with the vet team and animal manager.
- Animal enrichment workshops.
- Animal training and behaviour workshops.
- Presentations on the wild live stage.
- Graduation ceremony.
Details and booking
Full price: £750.00
Deposit: £150.00 (and 2x instalments of £300 at later dates).
If the deposit option has been chosen, you will be sent a link to the instalment page for later payments.
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).