Hampshire DofE - Advanced Rangers Academy
Monday 31st July to Friday 4th August 2023
The Advanced Ranger Academy Course is specially designed for DofE Gold Award students who have started their career path into the animal industry. The course content provides students with exclusive opportunities including working with the YWP veterinary surgeon and behind the scenes access. The department has won British and Irish Association of Zoos and Aquariums (BIAZA) education awards for the Ranger Academy course. Students will also get the chance to work with the YWP staff team across all animal sections.
- Accommodation less than 10 minutes from YWP
- All meals
- Transport from and to Winchester (if required)
- All transfers to and from the zoo
- Animal enrichment workshops
- Animal training workshops
- Practical experiences with the YWP staff team across all animal sections
- Behind-the-scenes with the vet team and animal manager
- This 5-day residential combines theory with practical zoo experience, with a focus on key transferable skills
- Getting up close and personal with a range of animals
- Teamwork and small group work
- Problem solving
- Get to know other participants
- Participants feedback
“AMAZING - a great opportunity with so much close animal access and learning opportunities”- Ruby- Hills Road Sixth Form College
“A fantastic week filled with great activities behind the scenes and talks from the staff. All YWP staff were very friendly, and I have fond memories from this week! Highly recommend this residential, gaining skills and opportunities which are once in a lifetime”- Jennifer
“It was a great experience that taught me a lot of skills and I learnt so much about things I would probably never have fully learnt about otherwise”- Ella- The Grammar School at Leeds
Details and booking
For more information on the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Gold Residential, contact: email@example.com or to book visit our booking site.
Price: £750.00, deposit £150.00
If the deposit option has been chosen here is the link to the instalment options that follow
Any changes or cancellations will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start of the residential, participants are liable for the full course fee, no refund will be available.
Cancellation before 6 weeks of the start date of the residential: Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the client 50%
Cancellation before 12 weeks of the start date of the residential: Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the client 90%
All the above information is required, so please complete each box before submitting.