Hampshire DofE Gold Residential - Become a Zoo Keeper at Dartmoor Zoo
Monday 12th to Friday 16th August 2024
Hampshire DofE, in conjunction with Dartmoor Zoo (the home of 'We Bought a Zoo'), offer a unique and Award winning 5-day zoo keeper's residential. This enjoyable opportunity is perfect for anyone with a passion for animals, nature conservation or looking to study in a related area.
Closing date for booking is 15th July 2024.
Staying at local bunkhouse accommodation
- Accommodation in the heart of Dartmoor National Park and all food.
- Transport from and to Winchester (if required)
- All transfers to and from the zoo.
- A 5-day residential that combines theory-based tasks with practical zoo experiences!
- A written reference from the zoo stating your hours of work experience for animal/vet related applications.
- Practical experiences with fully qualified educators and senior level Dartmoor Zoo staff team.
- A sleepover at the zoo, providing an insight into the wild world of the zoo at night.
- Animal encounters.
- Animal training and behaviour workshops.
- Animal handling and care.
- A morning of animal husbandry rounds.
- ‘We designed a Zoo’ Challenge.
Details and booking
Full price: £650.00
Deposit: £150.00 (and 2x instalments of £250.00 at later dates).
If the deposit option has been chosen, you will be sent a link to the instalment page for later payments.
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).