Hampshire DofE Gold Residential - Knepp Wildland Foundation’s Conservation and Ecology
Monday 19th to Friday 23rd August 2024
A brand new residential for 2024, Hampshire Outdoors are excited to be working in partnership with the Knepp Wildland Foundation to offer a residential experience set in the heart of the Knepp Estate. This is an amazing opportunity for anyone with an interest in ecology, conservation and rewilding.
During your stay you will have the opportunity to experience the following activities, but please note that these might change depending on weather and other factors driven by nature.
- A safari walk to explore the wildland
- Bird, reptile and mammal surveys
- White stork feeding and pen management
- Practical land management with the ranger, growers and landscape teams
- A chance to observe the beavers in their pen and learn about their re-introduction
- Bat and moth surveys with UV and thermal imagery
- Early morning walks to experience the dawn chorus
- Plenty of opportunities for wildlife spotting
Closing date for booking is 22nd July 2024.
The Knepp Estate, West Sussex
What is included?
- All accommodation and food
- Accommodation for the summer residential will be camping in the heart of Knepp’s wildland and the autumn residential will be staying at a local bunkhouse
- All activities at Knepp including evening activities
- Transfers from Horsham train station and bunkhouse
- A written assessor report for your award or for college and university
Details and booking
Full price: £565.00
Deposit: £135.00 (and 2x instalments of £215 at later dates).
If the deposit option has been chosen, you will be sent a link to the instalment page for later payments.
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact email@example.com
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).