Hampshire DofE Gold Residential - Conservation Residential
Monday 26th to Friday 30th August 2024
Stubbington Study Centre, Hampshire
Closing date for booking is 29th July 2024
- Dormitory accommodation at Stubbington Study Centre, situated close to the beach, right on the south coast.
- All meals
- Evening activities in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
This project aims to improve access to parts of the Centre’s site for the thousands of visitors that stay at the Centre each year. This involves physical outdoor work that might include:
- Helping to give parts of the site better access - creating and improving the existing paths to improve access
- Work in and around our pond and stream to aid access
- Clearing of invasive scrub and grass
- Planting of new mixed hedgerows and trees
This project is about the land. As well as working on the specific habitat development projects, participants may also:
- Spend some time discovering more about their role and skills required for the job
- Learn more about the different habitats that can be found within Stubbington Study Centre and the variety of plants and animals they support
- Have an opportunity to observe a variety of British wildlife in their natural habitat
Details and booking
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).