Hampshire DofE Gold Residential – Introduction to Medicine (Hampshire)
Monday 22nd July to Friday 26th July 2024
Hampshire County Council are thrilled to offer a 5 day/4-night Introduction to Medicine residential, in conjunction with Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust (HHFT). Are you thinking about becoming a Doctor or following a career in medicine? If yes, then this is the residential for you!
Where: Basingstoke Hospital
Staying at local bunkhouse accommodation
- Accommodation and all meals
- Transport from and to Winchester (if required)
- All daily transfers to and from Basingstoke Hospital
- This 5-day residential combines theory with practical experience around life as a medical student and junior doctor, with a focus on key transferable skills
- A written reference from the hospital for your future applications in the medicine world!
Through a mix of practical workshops, lectures and seminars you will explore the industry, understand the opportunities on offer, and what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
- Introduction to life as a medical student and junior doctor
- Speciality talks; training as a doctor, medical school interviews, looking after yourself, professionalism, overseas studies and career opportunities
- Shadowing opportunities with doctors
- Practical skills day; immediate and basic life support, ECG’s, airway management, taking observations and histories, serious incident management scenarios,
- A day in specialities; Emergency Dept, Intensive Treatment Unit, Trauma and orthopaedics, Palliative care, Psychiatry, Respiratory medicine, Gastroenterology, Elderly care.
- Resilience training and introduction to library and literature research
Details and booking
Full price: £685
Deposit: £137.00 (and 2x instalments of £274 at later dates)
If the deposit option has been chosen, you will be sent a link to the instalment page for later payments.
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact email@example.com
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).