Hampshire DofE Gold Residential – Introduction to NHS Professions
Monday 22nd July to Friday 26th July 2024
Hampshire County Council are thrilled to offer a 5 day/4-night Introduction to NHS Professionals residential, in conjunction with Basingstoke Hospital. Are you thinking about joining the medicine profession? If yes, then this is the residential for you!
Closing date for booking is 1st July 2024.
Staying at local bunkhouse accommodation
- Accommodation and all meals.
- All transfers to and from Winchester and Basingstoke Hospital during the week of the residential.
- This 5-day residential combines theory with simulation and practical experiences, led by professionals representing some of the many varied careers available within medicine and healthcare.
- A written reference from the hospital for your future applications in the medicine world!
- Talks and practical experiences from a variety of medical specialists from across the NHS.
- Tours of key hospital wards, laboratories and operating theatres.
- Nursing and Midwifery; basic life support, blood and cannulation and a chance to practice your midwife skills with a birthing mannequin!
- A day dedicated to the professions of physiotherapy, occupational therapy, healthcare science.
- Another day dedicated to the professions in radiography, operating theatres and nutrition.
- Finishing off with a Job Fayre on the Friday morning; to help you discover more about the support roles available within the NHS – IT, HR, Legal, Security – ask questions and maybe plan your next steps to a career within medicine and healthcare.
Through practical workshops, lectures and seminars you will explore the industry, understand the opportunities on offer, and what you need to do to get to where you want to be.
Details and booking
Full price: £685.00
Deposit: £137.00 (and 2x instalments of £274 at later dates).
If the deposit option has been chosen, you will be sent a link to the instalment page for later payments.
For more information on this Gold Residential, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to cancel your place on the residential, please notify Hampshire DofE office as soon as possible.
Cancellations made 12 weeks before the start date of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 90% of their payment.
Cancellations made between 12 and 6 weeks of the residential – Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the participating individual 50% of their payment.
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start date of the residential – The participating individual is liable for the full fee; no refund will be available.
Please note: This residential is run on minimum numbers. If they are not reached, a full refund will be issued.
All of the above information is required, so please complete each box or it may cause a delay in successful booking.
Your booking is not confirmed until a signed medical form has been returned (you will be sent this after booking your place).