Hampshire DofE - Gold South Downs Way Challenge Expedition
Monday 31st July to Sunday 6th August 2023
An awesome 100 mile South Downs Way Challenge, which allows you to complete both your practice and assessed expeditions back to back, and gives you the chance to experience the pride of having completed this amazing long distance national trail.
The route starts in Winchester and winds its way along the chalk ridge that comprises the South Downs before finishing in Eastbourne, allowing you to enjoy views of the best countryside that the south of England has to offer.
- Meet and greet, get to know each other and get into our expedition teams
- With your instructor you will find a suitable pitch and put up tents
- Your instructor will go conduct a kit and bag check. Making sure you are fully prepared
- With your instructor, you will plan your expedition route
- For dinner you can cook on stoves or head into Winchester for dinner. Staff will be on hand to ensure everyone has a full belly ready for the start of the expedition the following day
- After dinner, you will head to the classroom for a group briefing on the Countryside Code, First Aid and Emergency procedures
- Meet your assessor who will give you a detailed expedition briefing and agree assessment route meet locations
Practice Day 1
- Winchester to East Meon – 29km - Total ascent 635.14m
Practice Day 2
- East Meon to Cocking – 30km – Total ascent 848m
Assessed Day 1
- Cocking to Washington – 30km – Total ascent 667m
Assessed Day 2
- Washington to Pyecome – 24km – Total ascent 664m
Assessed Day 3
- Pyecome to Southease – 25km – Total ascent 540m
Assessed Day 4 (Final Day!)
- Southease to Eastbourne – 26km – Total ascent 700m
- Debrief with your assessor
- Wave goodbye to your team and head home
Book with confidence. COVID 19 Guarantee.
We guarantee that if your plans have to change due to Covid-19, you can either:
Transfer your booking to a new date (subject to availability).
Cancel your booking and receive a full refund
Note: This course is run on minimum numbers. If numbers are not reached a full refunded will be issued.
Any changes or cancellations will need to be sent to email@example.com
Cancellations made within 6 weeks of the start of the expedition, participants are liable for the full course fee, no refund will be available.
Cancellation before 6 weeks of the start date of the expedition: Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the client 50%
Cancellation before 12 weeks of the start date of the expedition: Hampshire Outdoors will reimburse the client 90%