Inclusion Team Level one: Making Sense of Autism – Autism Education Trust (AET)
Wednesday 6th March 2024, 13.00-16.00 - Face-to-face, Fareham area
This is a half day training is aimed at those new to supporting children with social communication difficulties and for early years support staff who do not directly work with children but need to understand the differences when communicating with a child with social communication needs.
This course aims to:
- Enhance your understanding and awareness of autism and how autism can affect children in the Early Years
- Know the importance of understanding the individual child and their profile of strengths and needs
- Highlight potential barriers to learning for autistic children
- Equip you with the knowledge you need to begin to make reasonable adjustments in the way you support autistic children
After completing, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of getting to know the child as an individual
- Approach autism as a difference rather than as a disorder or impairment
- Understand the importance of identifying the strengths and needs of autistic children
- Know how autism can affect an autistic child
- Appreciate how important it is to listen to and learn from the perspectives of autistic children and their parents/carers.
- Reflect on your practice and implement reasonable adjustments to support autistic children
- Know how to develop or use one-page profiles for autistic children
Price: £30.00 per person
NOTE FOR HAMPSHIRE SCHOOLS – please be aware that Hampshire schools must pay for training using IBC Internal Trading, so are unable to use this Shop.
Hampshire schools should submit this online booking request to book a place, remembering to include the contact name and SAP user-id of the finance/business officer.
This will allow SfYC to raise an Internal Supplier Request for the school to complete and make payment.
(Academies and independent schools are able to use payment cards)
NON-HAMPSHIRE, OUT OF COUNTY SCHOOLS AND SETTINGS – All schools, settings and other organisations outside of Hampshire will be charged a 15% surcharge on top of the standard cost. If a member of the SfYC team needs to travel outside of the county to deliver training, expenses/mileage may be charged from the Hampshire border. Price on application.