Monday 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th October 2022
10.00am to 12.30pm
To develop your skills and confidence in using different materials to create art.
- Create at least two artworks using different materials
- Demonstrate how different materials can work together in one picture
- Identify how a mindfully art activities can help you feel calmer and more relaxed
- Undertake at least 3 mindful art activities
Approachable session and activities to help you understand more about working with different materials and develop your skills in using them. We will be using photographs and images to inspire our art.
Who is the course for: individuals looking to develop their creative skills to improve their wellbeing
Previous knowledge/experience required: This course is ideal for beginners or those who are new to art or wanting to build their skills and confidence. Some understanding of drawing techniques is helpful but not essential.
How will I learn: Through a range of activities.
How will I be assessed: Through completing activities and through class discussion
You will need:
- A range of materials – drawing pencils, colour pencils, coloured pens (ie gel pens), watercolour pencils, biros
- Heavier watercolour paper (A4) for your main pictures
- Kitchen roll or old cloth, water pot, brush
- Cartridge paper (preferably A4) for practicing
- A photo or image to inspire your
- A drawing board or something to lean up on (A3)
Progression routes from this course: Further classes in drawing and painting
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Participants will be required to use Zoom. No account is required
Not sure how to use Zoom? Check out these helpful videos: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/206175806
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org