Tuesday 23rd and 30th April 2024
1.00pm to 4.00pm
An introduction to mindful drawing activities.
- Draw at least five different types of line and at least four organic shapes
- Create and describe an abstract drawing
- Create a picture inspired by decorative/graphic art including at least two different patterns
- Describe how drawing has a positive impact on your wellbeing
Who is this course for: Individuals looking to develop their creative skills and improve their wellbeing
Previous knowledge or experience: None required except lots of enthusiasm, willingness to learn and a desire to have fun. This is a very loose style of drawing and so very suitable for beginners
How will I learn: This is a relaxing and friendly course with step-by-step demonstrations. You will be gently guided through different drawing activities. You will be encouraged to ignore any past thoughts (I can't draw) not to worry about the future (what will it look like) but to concentrate on the moment in time
How will I be assessed: Through observation, questioning, discussion and peer/self-evaluation
What shall I bring:
Listed are ideas of what you’ll need, a variety is good:
- An A5 or A4 sketchbook or loose paper.
- Pencils within the H to 8B range (one or two)
- Pencil sharpener
- Coloured pencils
- Felt tips or similar like gel pens or paint pens.
- Black biro or black felt tip, or black fine line drawing pen or black sharpie pen.
Or you can use/borrow the tutor’s materials at a cost of £3 in total.
Next steps: Further painting and drawing courses with Learning in Libraries.
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org