Paediatric First Aid
Wells Place, Eastleigh
Wednesday 22nd and 23rd February 2023
9.00am to 5.00pm
This is a course aimed at people with little or no first aid knowledge regarding children and babies. It is a practical Paediatric first aid program that will give the learner skills to be able to respond to everyday first aid emergencies, in the home and in the community.
The course is set over 1 day with a 30 minute before and after session with the Tutor, via zoom or telephone. This is an instructor led, interactive and engaging session. This course covers a wide range of medical and emergency conditions including how to deliver CPR, use a defibrillator, bleeding control, choking, spinal and head injuries, chronic conditions, burns, poisoning and anaphylaxis.
- Describe the role of a Paediatric First Aider
- Assess a wide range of emergencies and know what to do for each
- Deliver CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
- Describe how to use a defibrillator
- Describe how to manage a patient who is having a seizure or fit
- Treat minor and serious bleeding and burns
- Identify and treat a range of medical conditions such as meningitis, diabetes, asthma, hypothermia and poisoning
- Identify symptoms of sepsis and anaphylaxis and know how to use an EpiPen
- Describe how to treat bites, stings, splinters and objects in the nose and eye
Who is this course for: Anyone who wants to know what to do if their child becomes unwell and emergency care is needed.
Previous knowledge or experience: This practical based course is suitable for both complete novices as well as those wishing to refresh their skills. Everyone is very welcome
How will I learn: Through tutor demonstrations, individual and whole group practical activities
How will I be assessed: Through practical activities and demonstrations
Next steps: Emergency First Aid
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com