Pen and Watercolour Hare
Tuesday 28th February 2023
10.00am to 1.00pm
Paint a hare in a loose watercolour style.
- Apply at least three watercolour techniques to a painting
- Mix some colours using the glazing technique
- Transfer a drawing to watercolour paper
About the course: Allowing watercolour to do what it does best, bleed, blend and bloom can create stunning effects. You will explore this mark making process to produce a loose styled painting of a Hare and finishing touches with a pen.
Who is the course for: Improvers. Individuals looking to develop their watercolour painting skills in a loose style.
Previous knowledge/experience required: Advantageous to have knowledge of basic watercolour techniques like, wet in wet, wet on dry etc. This is a very loose style of painting so an open mind and lots of enthusiasm to learn and have fun.
How will I learn: You will be gently guided through some painting activities, starting at the basics, moving onto transferring a drawing from a reference provided (for quickness) then loosely layering the painting, with step-by-step demonstrations to guide you. Plenty of opportunity to practice, which is the best way to learn, from either previous mistakes or happy accidents.
How will I be assessed: Through observation, questioning, discussion and peer/self-evaluation.
You will need:
- Watercolour paper (Cold or Hot Pressed) 140lb in either a A4 or loose sheets
- Small Sketch pad (doesn’t have to be expensive) or loose paper
- HB Pencil and rubber
- Waterproof black pen (like the brand Uni pin) in a small point or a black biro
- Flat and round paint brushes small and medium (brushes come in number size but vary so much between brands, hence a rough guide)
- Water pots x 2
- Watercolour pan set or tubes at least Ultramarine blue, Crimson red, Cadmium red, Lemon yellow and a Brown like Burnt umber
- Kitchen roll
Alternatively pay £3 to the tutor at the start and materials will be provided.
Progression routes from this course: Pen and watercolour course
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org