Preparing for Work
Friday 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th November, 2nd and 9th December 2022
10.00am to 12.00pm
Aims of The Course: To prepare you with the skills and understanding required to enter your local employment market with confidence
- Produce an up to date CV
- Describe and demonstrate how you will use your CV effectively
- Identify and apply for the right job role
- Demonstrate how to effectively market your skills when applying for job roles
- Describe and demonstrate how to communicate effectively with potential employers
- Identify the need to prepare for interview, demonstrating understanding by taking part in mock interviews
- Show understanding of the importance of being an effective new team member
Who is this course for: Returners to work or those seeking a change in employment
Previous Knowledge or Experience: none required
How will I learn: Discussion, group and individual work. There may be some home study set
How will I be assessed: From discussion and work produced
What shall I bring: A pen or pencil, Notepad
Next Steps: Making Applications, Interview help and advice, confidence building
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com