Tuesday 16th, 23rd, 30th April, 7th, 14th, 21st May, 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th June 2024
1.00pm to 2.00pm
To perform exercises to music to promote physical health & wellbeing whilst improving muscle tone & strength, co-ordination, flexibility & mobility.
- Demonstrate movement memory, co-ordination & mobility through the performance of low impact aerobic exercises routines
- Perform at least 4 exercises for the upper & lower body to increase muscular strength using a variety of equipment including dumbbells & resistance bands
- Demonstrate an awareness of good posture & core stability when performing at least 3 balance exercises
- Perform a series of stretches improving your mobility & range of motion
- Describe the impact of exercise on wellbeing
About the course: This session will be fun & informal & set to motivating popular chart music throughout the decades. The class will begin with a seated warmup to warm the muscles & mobilise the joints. This will be followed by a seated low impact aerobic routine to improve your aerobic health & co-ordination. Seated exercises for strength & mobility will follow using a variety of equipment such as dumbbells, resistance bands & exercise balls. The class will conclude with a seated cooldown & stretches to improve range of movement. After the stretches we will finish with a few minutes of relaxation to connect mind & body reducing stress & anxiety so that you will leave feeling calm, relaxed & refreshed
Who is this course for: This course is open to all over the age of 60 years of age and anyone younger with a health condition where seated lower impact exercise may be more suitable. Learners need to ensure that they can take part in the activities unaided
Previous knowledge or experience: No previous experience is required
How will I learn: By learning simple seated aerobic routines & copying seated exercises to improve aerobic health, strength, mobility, flexibility & co-ordination
How will I be assessed: You will be assessed through tutor observation & feedback on performance of exercises
What shall I bring: Comfortable clothing & footwear to move in & a drink
Next steps: Stay Active for Wellbeing
If a learner decides to withdraw from a course before a course begins, the following charges should be made:
- 5 working days or more before course starts a full refund will be issued
- No refunds will normally be made if a learner withdraws from a course less than 4 working days before the start of the course
Attendance is expected at each session to ensure that you get the most out of your learning experience and to minimise disruption for other learners. Please advise the venue/tutor of any absence you may have.
You will be contacted by a member of the learning in Libraries team prior to the course. We are unable to process your booking without a phone number.
Please note that due to circumstances outside of our control we may need to move this course online. Please give consent to your image appearing on our virtual learning environment Zoom.
If this event is sold out please contact learningInLibraries@hants.gov.uk so that we can inform you of any future courses.
To join our mailing list please select yes. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org