Inclusion Team Level two: Good Autism Practice – Autism Education Trust (AET)
Autumn Term: Fridays 17th November and 24th November 2023, 09.30am to 12.30pm, Face-to-face delivery - Alton area
This full day training is spread over two half day sessions and aimed at all practitioners working with children with social communication difficulties. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the different needs of the children and strategies to support them to access all areas of your Early years provision.
The aim of Good Autism Practice in the Early Years is to support practitioners who work directly with autistic children to:
- Develop knowledge and understanding of good autism practice
- Reflect on and improve their practice in working with autistic children
- Understand strategies and approaches they can draw upon for autistic children they work with
- Reflect on the kind of information they need to collect for the one-page profile, the support plan, and the EYFS profile
- Consider how to involve the autistic child and their family in setting learning goals
After completing, you will be able to:
- Develop their knowledge of how the key areas of difference can affect the learning of an autistic child
- Consider the approaches, strategies, and adaptations they can implement to remove barriers to wellbeing, participation, and learning for autistic children
- Understand the importance of involving the child and family in planning and setting learning goals
- Reflect on ways of gathering information from the child, parents/carers, and other professionals
NOTE FOR HAMPSHIRE SCHOOLS – please be aware that Hampshire schools must pay for training using IBC Internal Trading, so are unable to use this Shop.
Hampshire schools should submit this online booking request to book a place, remembering to include the contact name and SAP user-id of the finance/business officer.
This will allow SfYC to raise an Internal Supplier Request for the school to complete and make payment.
(Academies and independent schools are able to use payment cards)
NON-HAMPSHIRE, OUT OF COUNTY SCHOOLS AND SETTINGS – All schools, settings and other organisations outside of Hampshire will be charged a 15% surcharge on top of the standard cost. If a member of the SfYC team needs to travel outside of the county to deliver training, expenses/mileage may be charged from the Hampshire border. Price on application.